To get started with blogging…
- It is important to start by listening. Read what is happening at other blogs.
- Add to other people’s conversations. Comment.
- If you want to blog for professional reasons, find your voice first by creating a blog that is personal to find your voice.
- Reflect on what others are saying. You don’t need to start the conversation.
- Ask questions in your blog post. Invite thoughts and opinions from your readers.
Twitter.com helps you build a community and build traffic to your blog: http://www.work.com/twitter-for-business-4020/
Promote your content to people who you think will be interested.
- Use twitter
- feedblitz is a great tool to promote your blog and build an audience
- Use the “what are you doing” feature on LinkedIn
- Ask questions on linked in that are related to your topic
To make your posts interesting..
- Use graphics
- Lead with the most important info
- Use bullets
- Be brief
- More advice: http://www.problogger.net/how-to-write-great-blog-content/
To learn more from Chris, visit his blog at http://www.chrisbrogan.com/ To share your tips, comment here.