Forrester Research recently assessed the state of corporate blogs and found that most are failing to in the social aspect of social media. Information is posted, but there is no discussion or engagement.
Christine Kent has written an excellent summary of the research and the related call to action for ragan.com: Why your CEO’s blog is fading into oblivion
If you are blogging and not generating a sense of connection, heed the tips:
- Hone your voice – make sure your writing is lively and engaging
- Offer the inside scoop – invite your readers to learn things they would not know from the outside
- Stick with it – keep posting
- Connect with anyone who comments – thank commenters, comment on their blogs, become part of the social media web
- Invite comment and opinions – write posts that invite comments