Great suggestions for how to use Twitter well and call attention to your tweets: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/SMC/102925
- Use appropriate sentence case. Typing in all lower case doesn’t gain you any extra characters. And unless you’re fighting for space, use proper grammar.
- Give a brief description, enough fir users to understan why they want to follow-thru a link. Don’t just post a link.
- Know what you’re sharing. Summarize what you have read in a way that appeals to your audience.
- Avoid multiple retweets. Simply RT the person you source.
- Via @username is OK. Resummarize it in your own words, then give credit at the end.
- Use hashtags (#) appropriately, and sparingly. Hashtags make it easy to search for topics, but they’re most valuable when you want to join a conversation.
- Leave enough space to be retweeted. Somewhere between 15-20 spare characters will leave room for most all usernames.