Have you invested in Google Adwords? Make sure you ge the most from your investment by following Google’s Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines.
Google defines three main components of a quality website: relevant and original content, transparency, and navigability.
Relevant and Original Content
- Users should be able to easily find what your ad promises.
- Link to the page on your site that provides the most useful information about the product or service in your ad. For instance, direct users to the page where they can buy the advertised product, rather than to a page with a description of several products.
- Feature unique content that can’t be found on another site.
- Provide substantial information. If your ad does link to a page consisting mostly of ads or general search results (such as a directory or catalog page), provide additional, unique content.
- Openly share information about your business. Clearly define what your business is or does.
- Honor the deals and offers you promote in your ad.
- Deliver products and services as promised.
- Only charge users for the products and services that they order and successfully receive.
- Distinguish sponsored links from the rest of your site content.
- Provide a short and easy path for users to purchase or receive the product or offer in your ad.
- Avoid excessive use of pop-ups, pop-unders, and other obtrusive elements throughout your site.
- Make sure that your landing page loads quickly.