I had the opportunity to participate in a PRSA webinar presented by PR measurement guru KD Paine this past week. During the session, she suggested these seven steps to determining the return on investment (ROI) of social media:
- Define the “R” – Define the expected results
- Define the “I” — What’s the investment?
- Understand your audiences and what motivates them
- Define the metrics (what you want to become)
- Determine what you are benchmarking against
- Pick a tool and undertake research
- Analyze results and glean insight, take action, measure again