Latest data from Nielsen representing the 12 month period March 2009 and March 2010:
- Unique visits to Facebook grew by 69 percent
- Unique visits to Twitter grew 45 percent to Twitter
- Visits to MySpace decreased, with its loss of audience increasing in speed compared with 2009 vs. 2008 numbers
- LinkedIn and Classmates Online also experienced contractions in unique users
- Globally, Nielsen estimates the audience for social networking grew by around 16.5 percent, reaching a total of 313 million users in March 2010.