Here’s the latest data on Facebook use, from Facebook:
- Facebook has more than 500 million active users, half of whom are logged on to the site at any given time.
- People spend over 700 billion minutes a month on Facebook
- The average user has 130 friends.
- Facebook has more than 200 million active mobile users, and those users are twice as active as Facebook members on the desktop.
- More than 250 million users engage with the site through Connect, the Like button and other social plug-ins,up from 150 million in late June and 60 million in February.
- Facebook users install 20 million applications a day.
- The average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events and creates 90 pieces of content a month.
For more, see Facebook’s official statistics page.