The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project has released a new research report that looks at the use of photos and videos online.
- 46% of internet users post original photos and videos online they have created themselves
- 41% curate photos and videos they find elsewhere on the internet and post on image-sharing sites.
- Women are more likely than men to use Pinterest
- Instagram and Tumblr attract equal shares of men and women
The survey also found that:
- 46% of adult internet users post original photos or videos online that they themselves have created
- 41% of adult internet users take photos or videos that they have found online and repost or curate them on sites designed for sharing images with many people
This is the first time that the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project has asked questions about Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr. The full report offers more insights.