The tool detects fake or “empty” followers using the following criteria:
- The Following / Followers ratio is less than 50 Following / 1 Follower
- They repeat spam phrases like “diet,” “make money,” and “work from home”
- Tweets are repeated more than three times
- More than 90% of the account´s tweets are retweets
- More than 90% of tweets are links and the profile has a following: followers ratio of 7 : 1 or more. This means, for example, that the profile is following 7 others while only being followed by 1.
- The account has never tweeted
The tool can be used up to 10 times a day to check out the score of any Twitter account. The tool analyzes up to 2,000 followers per account.