October is National Bullying Prevention Month and many organizations–including my employer American Public University System–are sponsoring awareness activities to prevent cyber bullying and other forms of bullying.
Cyber bullying can affect anyone who uses electronic communication or social media. As online communicators, we need to help raise awareness and share resources to help prevent it.
Bullying can happen anywhere and to anyone. Help share the information that can help stop bullying at school, online, and in the community.
Top Bullying Resources
- StopBullying.gov – http://www.stopbullying.gov/
- Cyber Bullying Research Center – http://www.cyberbullying.us/
- Intervention and Prevention Strategies – http://www.nasponline.org/resources/bullying/Cyberbullying.pdf
- Five Critical Steps for Parents – http://www.opheliaproject.org/parent/STEPSforParents.pdf
- How Adults can learn about Cyber Bullying – http://www.opheliaproject.org/facts/CyberbullyingAdultInfo.pdf
Show Your Support
Show your support by sharing this post or doing your own blog or social media post this month. Consider planning an activity to bring attention to this issue. You are invited to participate the the APUS activity: To show your support of this cause, we are asking everyone to take one minute out of their day on Friday, October 25 to STAND UP at their desk, at home, or wherever they may be, to show that they are STANDING UP against cyber bullying.