According to a study by SDL, Millennials are more likely to discover marketing content on social networks than via search engines or email. Since 1 in 4 people in the US falls in the Millennial generation, this is an important fact for anyone who has content to share.
- The average Millennial checks his or her smartphones 45 times a day.
- Email is one of their last choices for getting information
- Millennials use many channels and respond to a consistent experience across all channels
- Five out of six Millennials connect with companies on social media networks
- The top three channels where Millennials discover online information are Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- The top two reasons for engagement are discounts (60%) and free perks (55%)
A summary of the study and findings is available on Slideshare.