According to a new survey, fielded by TNS and developed by WP Engine, 62 percent of Americans want to see content directly from their favorite brands. Nearly half of respondents read the blogs of their favorite brands.
The survey also shows that consumers prefer to read content directly from a company blog rather than a news magazine or website.
- 46% of consumers say they read the blogs of their favorite brands
- 48% feel that it’s important for a brand to include brand content on their blog to assure most up-to-date information (32%), and give brands a voice (15%)
- 40% believe there are negative effects if brands do not provide content on their blogs to prevent losing communication with customers and keeping the brand more relevant
- 40% prefer to read content directly from a company blog rather than a news magazine or website
- 52% prefer to go directly to the company website for content about the brand, vs. 25% going to social media and 22% to third-party articles
- 60% want to see content directly from brands, including articles on important issues (27%) and research on the company’s industry (16%)
In addition 48 percent of consumers said that it is important for brands to produce content on their blog for reasons such as:
- It provides up to date information, 32%
- It gives a more personal connection with the company, 16%
- It gives brands a voice, 15%
Inversely, 40% of consumers said that there are negative effects if brands do not produce content on their blogs, including: the brand loses communication with its customers, the brand may lose customers to its competitors, the brand looks lazy, and the brand becomes less relevant.
Even with the prevalent use of social media, 52 percent of consumers still prefer to go directly to the company website for content about the brand.