Key Items to Include for Each Video
- Keywords: Videos with relevant keywords will appear at the top of YouTube search results. These include “how-to” keywords, reviews, tutorials, funny videos, and videos related to sports and fitness.
- Video Tags: Including a few keywords in the tag helps YouTube to know what your video is about.
- Title: Put your keyword at the beginning of the title to give a slight SEO boost to your video.
- Description: The description is used by YouTube to determine what your video is all about.
- Thumbnails: The thumbnail creates the first impression of your video. Custom thumbnails are generally better than YouTube’s auto-generated snapshots.
- Video Transcript: YouTube uses the transcript to rank your video. Include targeted keywords in the transcript.
- Link to your video from your website and other social channels. The more views, the better your video will be ranked.
- Ask for comments and shares. Comments give an authority signal to YouTube.