Media monitoring service Mention says that there are in just two years there have been more than 1 billion company mentions on social media. They further note that consumers are expecting customer service through these channels. We all need to be there. Here are some things to think about as you develop or refine your social media strategy:
- 76% of comments related to companies are neutral,everyday requests for assistance or advice.
- Most company mentions come on Thursdays, and the company that wants to get out information with less competition should have a plan for posting on weekends.
- Twitter is used most often by consumers, so it is important to be there. Equally important is finding the other social channels that may help you connect with your key constituencies.
- Cross posting information in more than one place is a great way to maximize your resources.
- Respond. Answers received in less than an hour are very well received, especially when the response is relevant and shows some personality. Even just a “thank you” makes a positive impact.
- Non-English content is growing, so have a plan for engaging in more than one language.
Time to get strategizing! Share any tips that have helped you to have a social media plan that successful connects and engages you with key audiences.