I see links to topical newsletters all the time on my Twitter feed, but I have no idea why it took me so long to look into the tool behind many of them: Paper.li.
The Paper.li platform gives you access to articles, blog posts, and rich media content that you can compose into your own custom newsletter. This is a great, free, painless way to pull together content around a topic and establish yourself as a thought leader in the area.
Paper.li allows you to use accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube,and RSS feeds as content sources. You can prioritize the sources your designate and add filters to best reflect the type of news you want. You control the sites and individual contributors that appear on your news site.
Built-in tools allow you to:
- Define the frequency and update times for your news
- Add a custom color and font scheme and upload a background image
- Accept subscriptions so reader receive an email notification for each new edition
- Share your content by tweeting or embedding onto a website
- Track visits to your paper, subscribers, invitations, and more
Give this tool a try if you want to enhance your visibility as an expert around a particular topic. You can set a goal to include an ever-increasing amount of your own content over time. In the meantime, you can leverage content written by others to share information and gather a following.