Social media has been around for a while and is now an essential tool of leading communication in any organization. Are you leading effectively? Here are five indicators:
- You are running a marathon. Social media is not a sprint. Social marketing initiatives have to be implemented, monitored and measured as part of a long-term, integrated strategy.
- It’s part of the mix. Social media is part of your tried and true marketing methodology. It supplements and complements, but does not replace.
- Your measurement focus is on relationships and engaged audiences. Your efforts are focused on growing the number of relationships nurtured via social channels and cemented through direct, personal interaction. Your team is focused on fueling more social conversations that generate positive outcomes for your brand.
- Social is a team effort. Involve key stakeholders internally and engage external resources as needed. You use social monitoring tools.
- No bright and shiny objects. You understand that social is fundamentally the same as any other tool and apply best practices and lessons learned. You look at what your competition is doing and adopt best practices.