To help you cut through all the advice and suggestions out there, here’s the list of the 5 things you should do every day to be successful on social media.
- Post to your network(s) – text and images
- Respond to messages and comments from followers/connections
- Monitor and respond to brand mentions
- Find and engage with people you want to connect with
- Do something targeted to one or more of your most engaged connections, like a mention or a direct message
Of course, there are other tasks that don’t need daily attention but do need to be on your list. Here’s the top 8 things not to ignore:
- Update your editorial calendar
- Review all available analytics
[Related: Succeeding on Social Media]
- Check for any changes to the options or rules for the social channel(s) you use.
- Spend some time looking at what your competitors are doing that’s working and not working
- Check your profile(s) for accuracy and completeness
- Participate in a meeting, webinar, or some other activity that shares best practices and helps keep you abreast of developments and opportunities
- Review and update your social media strategy and plan
- Assess any recently emerging tools for suitability for your social media goals