Whether you are new to Twitter or have been at it for a while, here’s a great checklist to make sure you are making the most of your presence there.
- Review your profile and make sure that is complete. Profile fields come and go; make sure you have all possible fields populated. Also make sure that your profile reflects your current branding.
- Quick – who is your target audience? To be effective on Twitter (or any social network) you need to have a solid answer to this question. Knowledge of your target audience should guide everything you do on Twitter.
- Keep your content fresh. Make sure to look beyond your account every month or so to make sure the content you are sharing on Twitter is current and on-point. You want to be interesting and relevant to be effective.
- Have a schedule and a plan. Know how often you will tweet and when. This is guided by your target audience and needs to meet their needs and expectations.
- Have the right mix of original and shared content. On Twitter you are expected to share your own content and amplify great content posted by others.