If you are active on social media, do you still need a blog? Simple answer: Yes.
There are so many benefits to having a business blog that not having one can actually hurt your impact in this competitive digital media world. Here are just 5 reasons why every business should have a blog.
- Search Engine Ranking and General Visibility. There’s no better way to drive traffic to you website than via search engines. To get a good ranking (aka search engine optimization), you need to be constantly publishing fresh content. Publishing to a blog regularly and consistently will help you get ranked for the related keywords that people type into search engines. The more you publish, the more opportunities you’ll have to rank for those keywords.
- Control over Owned Channel. When you post content on social media channels, you don’t actually own your profile or the channel. You are just along for the ride and have little or no control. When you post content on a blog hosted on your own website, you are creating a central point for your social media presence in a place that you own and control. You’re providing a permanent place for your content and links.
- Expertise and Thought Leadership. If you want to build thought-leadership in your industry, publishing a blog is the best way to do it. You can use your blog to aggregate all your content that establishes your authority and thought leadership on your topic of expertise.
- Generate Connections. It is easy to add a subscription form to your blog to enable anyone to subscribe to your updates. Blog posts also invited comments. Plus, a blog is a common place that people look to ask questions. All of these help to build your base of interested individuals.
- Share News. Your blog is a great place to share all kinds of news about you and your industry. You can talk about new products and services. You can share news and announcements. You can post images,videos, and an insider look at your company in action.