Feeling in a rut with your online writing? Here are some thoughts to inject some new energy into your effort to write great content every day.
- Invite people to read your content. Avoid “Welcome to…” but start with an excited invitation to read on.
- Break it up. Make sure you have plenty of subheads and bulleted lists to help the reader who scans to get key points.
- Speak directly to the reader – use “you” language.
- Be as conversational and informal as you are comfortable with. Think cocktail party rather than boardroom.
- Talk to your current customers – make sure you have messages that resonate with people who know you already.
- Find new words to make your content stand out from the rest.
- Convey urgency. Make your content matter. Now.