Guest post by Lilach Bullock, www.lilachbullock.com
Are you thinking of getting a social media management tool or changing your current one? With a good dashboard in your toolkit, you can not only save quite a bit of your time, but you can also get better results for your business. In this blog post, I’m going to attempt to help you find the perfect social media dashboard for your business.
What to look for in a social media management tool
There are several things that you should be looking into when deciding on a social media dashboard for your business, most importantly:
- The social networks: the first step is to check what social networks the tool supports and what you can use it for, for each one. For example, some tools may support Instagram, but not necessarily let you publish or schedule updates, so it’s important to check exactly what you can do for each social network you use.
- Publishing and scheduling: what social networks can you schedule updates to? Can you add your evergreen content to be re-published? Is there an editorial calendar where you can organize your social media strategy?
- Monitoring: monitoring is a very important feature, so check to see what sort of monitoring capabilities the tool has. For example, Hootsuite lets you track 3 words at a time with their cheaper options, while with Agorapulse, you can track multiple keywords, as well as add keywords to be excluded and select a location or language.
- Reporting and analytics: what kind of reporting does the tool offer? With some tools, you will need to pay extra to get your analytics reports, while others offer more extensive reporting with any package. Check to see what customization features are available and how many different reports you can download every month.
- Customer relationship management: does the tool have any feature for managing your fans and followers? Ideally, you should try to organize and tag your followers, so that you know who to engage with and to keep track of any potential leads from social media.
5 Best social media tools
Popular software review platform, G2Crowd and Ian Anderson Gray of the Seriously Social blog have put together an infographic of the 5 best social media management tools on the market, based on real customer reviews from the G2Crowd website.
The infographic looks beyond features, to other important aspects, such as usability, user satisfaction, ease of use and the tools’ ability to keep up with new requirements. Check out the infographic below, and if you need more help comparing the tools, you can use a cost comparison tool to get a better idea of features versus pricing.
About the Author: Highly regarded on the world speaker circuit, Lilach has graced Forbes and Number 10 Downing Street. She’s a hugely connected and highly influential entrepreneur. Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers and was crowned the Social Influencer of Europe by Oracle. She is listed as the number one Influencer in the UK by Career Experts and is a recipient for a Global Women Champions Award for her outstanding contribution and leadership in business.