LinkedIn is constantly working to tweak the platform to make it more valuable for business marketing, networking, job searches and more. If you are a working professional, or aspire to be one, you need to be on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Features to Use
- News feed – This stream of updates was updated to work like Facebook. Your news feed shows the posts and updates from connections, and provides the ability to like, comment, or share.
- Search – LinkedIn has a powerful universal search box at the top that allows you to search for people, companies, jobs, and keywords. Use this to find connections, research companies, and leverage the platform for your business goals.
- Messaging – On LinkedIn you are able exchange messages with connections in real-time.
- Targeted Recommendations – LinkedIn provides suggestions for jobs, new connections, and ads. There are also more recommendations to strengthen your profile, such as by suggesting skills employers are searching for. Use these to deepen your connections and interactions on the platform.
Your LinkedIn Strategy
- Engage with your connections – Like, comment on and share posts. When you support others’ content, people are likely to return the favor.
- Add posts and articles – Post regularly on LinkedIn so that your connections are reminded about you and your business. Post to your timeline and write longer by clicking on the ‘Write an Article’ tab.
- Update your profile – Complete profiles get more views. Pay attention to LinkedIn’s recommendations and optimize your profile. Adding skills is especially important for attracting potential employers or clients.
- Add visuals – Don’t keep the default images that LinkedIn provides Be sure to replace them with images that are specific to you and your business.
- Join groups, follow companies – You can connect with a broader number professionals by joining relevant groups and posting and commenting. Likewise, follow companies that are relevant to you.
With a simpler and more user-friendly interface, LinkedIn has more activity, making it an even more valuable resource for making and strengthening your business connections.