Search engine optimization is always evolving, making it very difficult to stay on top of the latest rules. But there are core SEO principles that have remained relatively solid over time. Marketers that don’t adhere these principles are missing important opportunities for visibility. They are on the SEO walk of shame.
Here are 25 of the most common SEO mistakes to avoid.
- Not optimized for mobile.
- Slow page speed.
- Missing site map.
- No call to action.
- No connection to social media and other online accounts.
- Pages with less than 300 words of text.
- Missing meta descriptions.
- Missing image alt tags.
- Old content.
- Boring content.
- Lack of keywords in headlines and the first paragraph of text.
- Content that is not relevant to keywords.
- Broken links.
- No external links.
- Lack of internal links.