Blogs have been around since the mid 90s and they continue to be a worthwhile online marketing and communication strategy. It can be hard to keep your blog lively, but keep at it!
Stats recently collected by Website Builder indicate this is a tactic worthy of continued investment.
- Companies that blogs receive 55% more website visitors on average
- Companies that blog receive 97% more links to their website
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through articles rather than ads
- 77% of internet users read blogs
- 23% of time online is spent on blog content
- In the US, internet users spend 3x more time on blogs than email
- 92% of companies that blog multiple times a day have acquired a customer from the blog
To get the most from your blog, be sure you actively market you content. Share posts on Facebook and any other social media channels that you use.
Leverage opportunities beyond sharing the link on the day a post is published. On LinkedIn, for example, you can share as an activity update, in one or more groups, and republish as an article.
Also make sure your blog content is well-integrated into your website. When you blog on a topic, you want to interconnect to any other related content, including pages, white papers, etc.