If you want to reach people born 1964-1982, you need to know about the profile of Generation X. A comprehensive report based on GlobalWebIndex’s research with a global sample size of 94,314 gives you lots to consider.
Most Gen Xers are busy professionals, have families, and have great spending power. Their online activities are more driven by purpose and intent than casual browsing.
Meet Gen X:
- More likely to be getting online via a smartphone than a PC/laptop
- Moving with digital trends, just as Millennials and Gen Z are
- Spend almost 2 hours a day on social media and the majority have a Facebook account
- Purposeful in how they use social media, using it to keep-up-to-date with the news and find products to buy
- Price-conscious discounts and rewards are important in encouraging them to buy
Gen X Favors Smartphones
PCs, laptops and tablets capture the biggest share (56%) of Gen Xers daily time online, but mobiles have made great headway in becoming the go-to device for this generation, who are slowly becoming just as attached as Millennials.
Digital Natives, Too
The myth is that unlike younger consumers, Generation X aren’t digital natives. In reality, they’re a highly engaged audience, drawn to meaningful and purposeful interactions online.
Purchase on Mobile
Gen X have been a key force in mobile eCommerce. Almost three quarters have made a purchase online from a mobile device.
Marketers and communicators need to understand the needs of Gen Xers without excessive generalization, tailoring brand message and strategy accordingly. Gen X’s return and interaction is potentially more rewarding than any other current generation. Get the full report.