The most important way to gain visibility on Facebook is to post interesting content. Your content should appeal to your target client, use your keywords, and represent your expertise.
Posts should be made by members of the team and should reflect the style, tone, and expertise of the person making the post.
- Follow the 80-20 rule: no less than 80 percent informational, no more than 20 percent direct promotions.
- Keep posts brief, 40-125 characters.
- Use images and video whenever possible.
Facebook Content Ideas
- Address a question commonly asked by clients. Whenever possible, link to relevant content at your website (preferred) or to authoritative content at another site for more information.
- Share events that you will be part of:
- If you are the presenter and the event is open to the public, create a Facebook event.
- If you are the presenter but the event is not public, share a photo and details about what you said after the fact.
- If you are a participant, share the event (if there is one) and/or make a post during or after the fact about the event (use any provided links or hashtags to connect yourself with the larger audience around the event).
- Share an article that has helpful information your target audience will appreciate. Start with your 2-3 sentence take on why the information is valuable and then include the link to the article. (The link will automatically generate a preview image and text; you can delete the link from the post once the preview is present.)
- Post about personal happenings such as a recent vacation, family activity or milestone, or an experience in the community. People want you to be personable on Facebook.
- Use Facebook Live to share an event in progress or capture a moment with a client.
Post regularly. Gauge the frequency based on your audience. Once a month might be fine. More likely you want to post weekly or a few times a week.
Post on different days of the week and at different times. Use the Facebook Schedule Post option to make this easier to manage.
After you have 6 months of posts, look at Facebook Insights to determine any patterns for best days and times to post to connect with your target audience.