Connecting with your audience is not enough. Research shows that people who feel emotionally connected to your organization will engage more often and spend more money.
Emotionally connected people are loyal, active, and engaged. Common emotional motivators:
- Stand out from the crowd: Help people develop a unique social identity.
- Confidence in the future: Help people to have a positive mental picture of the future.
- Sense of well-being: Life measures up to expectations.
- Freedom: Sense of independence without obligation or restriction.
- Excitement: Fun taps our emotions.
- Belonging: Affiliation and being part of a meaningful group.
Your Audience’s Motivators
Figure out what emotional motivators bring people to your organization by analyzing interactions of your most committed and engaged audience members. Why do they do what they do? What do they react to positively? Negatively?
Once you’ve identified the emotional motivators that connect you with your best supporters, you can figure out how to better connect with others. Communicate to appeal to emotional motivators. Interact in a way that meets key desires,