Your digital marketing should include video. Period.
Video content generates the most user response. Research done by Buzzsumo indicates that videos on Facebook are more likely to reach and engage audiences than any other post type.
Here are key things to think about as you create video.
1. Design your video for mobile.
According to eMarketer, more than 75% of worldwide video viewing happens on mobile devices. So, think mobile as you create your video.
Make sure the video is equally effective whether people view it with sound on or off. Use square or vertical ratio, because it fits with how most people hold their mobile devices. Make sure that a strong brand message and identity features early in the video.
Facebook research has found:
- Ads created for mobile first stand out on Facebook and Instagram and perform better across a range of different metrics.
- Having the brand present in the first seconds of the video ad increases recall.
- There’s no formula for creativity, but creative video has the best impact.
2. Tie your video to measurable business goals.
Setting a goal to get views doesn’t measure success. Measuring duration alone doesn’t account for the fact that mobile video consumption is often fast, frequent and on the go. You need to define measures that consider how well your video campaigns meet brand and sales goals.