Twitter can be a worthy part of your digital marketing strategy. If you have determined that this is a good way to connect with and engage your target audience, here are tips to make the most of your time on the platform.
Keep in mind all that you can do on Twitter:
- Share images and videos
- Tag accounts
- Go live
- Find people and conversations and interact with them
Basic Twitter Strategy
- Tweet daily, multiples times a day. Aim for three times per day. These don’t have to all be original tweets. You can retweet others, and retweet others along with your own comments as well. Tweets can cover the same topic, but each should be unique in some way.
- Use hashtags. Research the hashtags that are relevant to you, your brand and your audience and use them regularly. Also monitor for new and trending hashtags that are relevant, and capitalize on any that are relevant.
- Respond to notifications that are genuine. Unfortunately there are a lot of bot accounts out there and even a lot of real people who automate their twitter conversations. Ignore all that, but do respond to genuine tweets and messages.
- Search for relevant conversations. Search for topics related to your brand and services and join in relevant conversations.
- Pin important tweets to the top of your profile. This will generate maximum exposure for your most important tweets.
- Provide video content. You can do something basic or more complex, but video gets noticed on Twitter. You can share created video or go live to great video content.
- Participate in Twitter chats. Look for chats that your audience participates in and join in too. Take the time to be a part of the conversation and add value.