I find there is no one tool that helps with all aspects of search engine optimization (SEO). Here I offer some SEO tools that I recommend.
- Best for keyword ideas: Google Adwords Keyword Planner
- Best for spotting trends: Google Trends
- Best for search data: Google Search Console
Search engines downgrade slow sites. And, people are quick to move off of a site that doesn’t load quickly.
- Best for a quick overview: Google PageSpeed Insights
- Best for technical measurement: Google Lighthouse (Chrome extension)
- Best for finding solutions: Pingdom Tools, Yslow, WebPageTest or GTMetrics
Search engines favor sites that other related sites link to.
- Best to find mentions that may have links: Google Alerts
- Best for a free overview: Majestic
- Best for a reasonable price: SEMrush
If Google finds the same content within a site or across more than one site, it can downrank the sites with the duplicates.
- Find duplicate content on your site: Siteliner.com
- Find duplicate/copied content on the web: Copyscape.com