Combining your email marketing and social media campaign efforts strategically can help you get the most impact from both.
Email is still the powerhouse of digital marketing. Social media tends to have the latest tools and tricks. Combine them to get the most impact for your brand.
Email by the Numbers
- 82% of businesses use email for marketing
- 92% of online adults in the US use email
- On average, 53% of emails are opened
- Email has an average RIO of 3800%!
- 81% of people who get an email related to a purchase say they are likely to make another purchase
Data also shows that while social media gets most of the buzz, email converts. A message is five times more likely to be seen in email than on Facebook.
Use Social to Boost Email Results
To make email and social work together, start with a common editorial calendar. Be sure that the content posted on social and the emails you send are in sync. This amplifies your message.
Here are 3 more ways to use your social channels to increase your impact with email:
- Post a link to your email newsletter on your social channels
- Encourage email readers to share your content on social media
- Add a mailing list sign up to your Facebook company page