When COVID arrived, I wondered how it would impact clients who use podcasting as part of their digital strategy. People stopped commuting. Would they find time to listen to podcasts?
Apparently yes. Data show that podcasting is thriving during COVID times.
The podcasting industry is strong. There are more podcasts and more listeners. More tools and platforms have come online to help creators and consumers.
Podcasting Stats Show They Are COVID-Proof
Here are 5 stats about the podcast industry shared by Resonate, one of many podcast production services.
1. The podcasting industry is projected to be more than $1 Billion by 2021 (https://www.iab.com/insights/third-annual-podcast-ad-revenue-study-by-iab-and-pwc-reports-significant-growth/)
2. 90 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly (https://www.convinceandconvert.com/podcast-research/2019-podcast-statistics/)
3. 43% of monthly podcast listeners say they have listened to a podcast on Spotify, and 35% on Pandora (https://www.edisonresearch.com/the-podcast-consumer-2019/)
4. 51% of Americans 12+ have listened to a podcast (https://www.edisonresearch.com/the-podcast-consumer-2019/)
5. According to a study conducted in the UK, most podcasts are listened to on weekday evenings. (https://www.acast.com/uk-audio-intelligence-report)
Consider Podcasts for Your Marketing Strategy
Podcasts connect people and ideas, entertain, inspire, and teach. Do you have content that fits with these goals? It may be time to look into podcasting as part of your digital strategy.