Guest Post by By Denise Dorfman – Energy Codes Coach
Burnout has been a buzzword for years. What exactly is burnout? Burnout occurs when many constant stressors over time, usually from overworking, leave an individual exhausted and no longer able to be at their personal best. The person lacks interest in doing anything.
Symptoms of burnout include constant fatigue, lack of enthusiasm, a negative attitude, loss of concentration, poor work performance, relationship issues, neglecting self-care, and a lack of satisfaction. Chronic burnout can lead to serious health problems like heart disease, digestive problems and depression.
Here are five simple ways to avoid burnout so you can stay balanced and healthy:
1) Make time for yourself on a daily basis. Many successful people get up a bit early every morning just to have time for themselves. Some people meditate, do yoga, journal or do some light reading. Schedule an appointment in your calendar for time with yourself.
2) Set boundaries. You don’t have to be available for everyone all the time. Also recognize that you’ll never be able to please everyone so don’t even go there. If you are taking care of yourself, you have more energy to take care of others.
3) Do something fun every day. Yes, you read that correctly – every day! It doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money. Even a ten-minute walk around the neighborhood or a few minutes sitting in a park can do wonders for your outlook.
4) Take a nap if necessary. Again, this doesn’t have to take a lot of time. If you’re tired from working on a major project, take 10-20 minutes for a power nap. Any more than 30 minutes could leave you groggy.
5) Don’t do anything you don’t really want to do. Learn to say no if you cannot commit to something. Delegate if necessary.
M. Scott Peck was once quoted as saying “Self-discipline is self-caring.” So be patient with yourself. Self-care is the greatest investment you can make in your business and your health. Make the time and effort – you are worth it!
About the Author
Denise Dorfman is an Energy Codes Coach and Author of Speak Your Truth: How You Can Recover from Lupus. Denise has over ten years experience in energy work and coaching, particularly in relationships. She has helped many people set healthy boundaries and make the right decisions so they live a more fulfilled life in a state of positivity. To learn more, and to schedule a free 30-minute Discovery session, please visit www.denisedorfman.com.