Many are under the false impression that email is no longer an effective online marketing strategy. Wrong!
Email is one of the first–and still the best–digital marketing strategies for reaching and engaging with your audience. It continues to have an outstanding ROI – email generates $42 for every $1 spent, which is an astounding 4,200% ROI, according to the latest data from Hubspot.
If you don’t have an email marketing strategy, make this the year you develop one. If you have a email marketing effort underway, invest energy into refreshing the look and the content. Your time will be well spent.
Here are the top 6 things email marketing can do for you:
- Get your brand into the right inboxes. Set up a template that has a look and feel that puts your brand right where people spend much of their time online.
- Make you mobile. Email is one of the most commonly accessed services on mobile devices.
- Share your content. Email outreach is a great opportunity to share (and re-share) your best content shared online, giving your audience another chance to see it.
- Make you real. Email feels more personal and people respond to that. You can personalize the content and, for larger audiences, segment to target specific interests.
- Connect with your other marketing. Emails can connect users to your website, social channels, and any other place where you want to engage. It’s your launchpad to wherever you want to take people.
- Test ideas. Email is great place to test images, subject lines, content and more. Make changes and see what the data tells you. In fact, getting measurement data for email is built into most email marketing tools.