Instagram limits what you can post, so it is important to make the most of the content in your bio. When people discover you on Instagram, there’s a good chance the first thing they will do is read the bio. Great bios share info about the brand, what it stands for, and the value they share on Instagram.
The right Instagram bio:
- Tells your story
- Shares your brand voice
- Sets the stage for the content you post
What Should Your Instagram Bio Include?
Every Instagram profile should have the following:
- Name – This is your business name, which will help your current and prospective customers easily find you.
- Profile picture – Having your logo as your profile picture will help with brand recall and recognition.
- Link – Link to your website or a link tree leading to various pages.
- Description – Tell users what your brand is about in just a few words.
- Call to action – Lead people to an action that supports your goals.
An Instagram bio can also have hashtags relevant to your brand or industry.
While there isn’t a single right way to write your Instagram bio, here are some successful approaches to consider:
Share details of what you sell and what you stand for. In today’s world, consumers want brands that champion social responsibility and are transparent about their practices.
Your Instagram bio can be used to highlight a product offer. Use the bio to share details and lead users to your website.
Fun and Casual
Social media is a place to engage and have fun with your audience. So, if you’re struggling to come up with a bio, stop overthinking and consider going the lighthearted and funny route.
Hashtags help Instagram users find you more easily. In addition to improving discoverability, hashtags help brands tell their story in a quick and succinct way.
When used appropriately, emoji are eye-catching. Like any image, they can say a lot without word clutter. You can use several emojis to highlight multiple things or limit your use to one emoji that relates to your brand.