How Often to Post on Social Media
Here’s the #1 question I answer: “How often should I post to social media?” There’s no one right answer, but I can offer insight.
First, you need to consider your goals and audience. Post zero times to places where you audience isn’t or that don’t support your goal. Quality content always beats quantity. If you don’t have anything great to post, don’t post.
Now that we have that out of the way, here are the current guidelines for the most commonly used platforms:
- On Instagram, post between 3-7 times per week
- On Facebook, post between 2-5 times a week
- On Twitter, post between 1-5 times a day
- On LinkedIn, post between 1-5 times a week
Every social media account is unique, so looking at your metrics is absolutely key to getting the right frequency.
Frequency on Instagram
It is generally recommended to post to your Instagram feed 2-3 times per week, and no more than once per day.
Key Instagram statistics:
- The average user spends 30 minutes a day on Instagram
- 81% of people use Instagram to research products and services
- 63% of American users check Instagram at least once a day
Posting on Facebook
It is generally recommended to post once a day, no more than daily. Some studies have even found less engagement if you’re posting more than that.
Key Facebook statistics:
- Facebook is the world’s third most-visited website
- More than half of American users check Facebook several times per day
- The average user spends 34 minutes per day on Facebook
- 80% of people access the platform using mobile only
It is generally recommended to post no more than 3-5 times per day. People on Twitter are looking for news and events.
- 42% of American users check Twitter at least once a day
- Users spend about about 15 minutes per visit
On LinkedIn, post once a day and generally on business days.
- Companies that post weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x higher engagement rate
- 12% of American users check LinkedIn several times a day
You must be logged in to post a comment.